Re: Ways to add new features

2005-11-14 18:30:46
At 10:55 2005-11-15 +1300, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

And that's ignoring the fact that DNSBL
should be handled at the SMTP transaction phase and NOT at the LDA
phase...

Never mind that I use fetchmail, or don't have root access to my MTA, or
rather not touch the MTA, or ... no doubt other reasons.

Okay, right there you hammered one very obvious reason that the claim that
DNSBL support shouldn't be in procmail "because people should do that at
the MTA" - users with fetchmail can't - nor can they use the immediate hop
source as the host to check, since that's their ISP mailhost.  So, besides
the fact that DNSBL support would be virtually indistinguishable from basic
NS lookup support in procmail (which is also a feature request), your not
uncommon situation screams for such support.