Re: RFE: new features for procmail

2005-11-17 06:24:46
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:36:34PM +1300, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:

The expressions used for this should come from a variable,
because they may change over time. For example, the built_in
expression for FROM_DAEMON is essentially no good any more
because it matches all info@, but addresses of the form
info(_at_)someonesbusiness(_dot_)com are very common these days. The info@
part needs to be removed from the FROM_DAEMON expression.

While I agree that the daemon macros could be reworked,
I wonder if you've thought about simply changing them in
source and recompiling, as a practical solution for you.
Also:

   :0
   * ^FROM_DAEMON
   * ! ()\<info@
   { action }

While procmail can certainly be improved, some of these
complaints about its unusability in certain applications
can easily be overcome with just a bit of thought.

Dallman