Re: Forwarding to Blogger (was:Re: Formail uses "localhost")

2007-03-27 14:27:23
At 14:23 2007-03-27 -0500, Jim Syler wrote:

But it didn't fix the main problem I was having. My purpose in using
Procmail is to modify and forward messages to Blogger, to be posted on
my blog. However, these messages are vanishing at Blogger. The odd
thing is, if I simply Mail a message, it works fine. So something's
going wrong somewhere. Perhaps in the envelope information procmail is
using?

check your maillog.  Or run your recipe inside a sandbox -- my sandbox
includes a script redefinition of $SENDMAIL, so forwarded messages (using !
syntax) as well as anything invoking $SENDMAIL within the script (versus
improperly hardcoding "sendmail") will go through the script, which stores
the entire message as well as the specific parameters passed to $SENDMAIL.

Makes it pretty easy to confirm what would have been sent, and is quite
useful for avoiding sending crap around to people (in the event of testing
forwarding recipes).

I use a procmail recipe to feed emails into a blogging mechanism I wrote,
but that's local to my system, nor is it a package.