Re: Comments on this way to use procmail with virtual domains

2007-06-02 02:26:32
On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 01:57:16 AM -0600, LuKreme (kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com)

Certainly worth looking into. It would allow me to convert all my
local users to virtual users, and that would be a very good thing.

Yes, this is the reason for this "quest": provide email services to
small groups in the most secure way possible (no real shell accounts
at all on the server, thanks!) with the smallest number of packages,
without sacrificing flexibility (or procmailrc files lovely crafted by
hand over the years, or the tons of procmail recipes available online,
etc..)

Maybe the best way to proceed is to figure out how to make it work
robustly with users listed in a text-only file (*). Then figure out
how to keep that file up to date with cron jobs or other external
solutions. After all, unless you're a really BIG public ISP your users
don't change every hour, do they? Even in universities or large
corporations the list wouldn't change all the time.

(*) personally, I'm trying to build a complete email server _without_
    RDBMs of any kind, at least for user management, to keep it lean

Marco