Re: Comments on this way to use procmail with virtual domains

2007-06-02 19:56:32
On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 18:33:24 PM -0600, LuKreme (kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com)
wrote:

seems to be ${recipient} should be user(_at_)thedomain and not user
+extension, but that must be just me as man pipe says it's the whole
thing, so I need to do some MATCHing on the userename to manually
parse out the extension since there is no $host} or similar.
my choices seem to be user (user) mailbox (user+extension) or
recipient (user+extension(_at_)thedomain(_dot_)tld)

The first only works if you only manage one domain, doesn't it? Not if
you have marco+list(_at_)domain1(_dot_)tld and marco+list(_at_)domain2(_dot_)tld

so I guess something like

:0
* USER ?? $EXTENSION

please let us (or me privately, as you wish) know how it works out in
the end (inclusing what ${recipient} actually returns, user(_at_)thedomain
or always the whole address including extension=???) and what you find
working best!

I won't have Internet access for until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I
won't answer immediately, but I remain very interested in this.

Thanks,
        Marco