Re: Comments on this way to use procmail with virtual domains

2007-06-02 08:07:34
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

PSE> At 13:17 2007-06-01 +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
PSE> >Yesterday I discovered at
PSE> >http://forums.site5.com/showthread.php?p=96629
PSE> >the following way to use procmail in a
PSE> >virtual-domain-only environment (that is, no
PSE> >system accounts for email recipients).
PSE>
PSE> [snip]
PSE>
PSE> >What do you think? Is it safe,robust, are there any weird
PSE> >cases (one message going to more than one user?) where
PSE> >it wouldn't work?
PSE>
PSE> Your one gotcha is that the "virtual alias" syntax is likely to be MTA
PSE> specific.  Sendmail has virtusertable, but that doesn't deliver directly
PSE> programs, and the Sendmail aliases file doesn't include domain portions.

Sendmail also has aliases that will deliver to a program.  That is the
extent of my knowledge about it though.

--
Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list.  Please
  address personal email to alan+1@ as lists@ is not read. A
  password autoresponder may be invoked if this email is very old. )