RE: Comments on this way to use procmail with virtual domains

2007-06-02 18:45:04
At 09:22 2007-06-03 +0800, DR. Lee - NS1 wrote:
-- though
now, bobx is a valid userid at all the hosted domains (which is VERY
undesireable as dictionary spamfloods hammer that one user)
-- unless you
have virtusertable entries for each valid userid, and a catchall like:

         @host.domain.tld   ERROR:nouser User unknown

bob(_at_)penit(_dot_)com           bobx
bobx(_at_)penit(_dot_)com         bobx
@ns1.penit.com          ERROR:No such user

I tested your suggestion and it works fine. But the error message
returned to the sender when sending mail with wrong domain is not "No such
user" as I expected, but "User Unknown".

FTR, the text immediatley after ERROR: is actually an error code - the text
AFTER that is error text.  Alternatley, it can be a numeric code:

nospam(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld   ERROR:5.5.0:550 SPAM is not accepted here

(but of course, all of this is MTA specific, and has little to do with
Procmail)

What exactly do you mean by "wrong domain" ?  If the host isn't configured
to accept mail for the domain (in Sendmail parlance, local-host-names),
then it shouldn't be necessary to reject mail for that domain anyway.