Re: Comments on this way to use procmail with virtual domains

2007-06-07 00:16:08
LuKreme schreef:
Ruud H.G. van Tol:

Aren't there any anchors possible?
I mean something like

     * $ USER ?? ^^$\EXTENSION^^
     * $ USER ?? $\EXTENSION^^
     * $ USER ?? ^^$\EXTENSION\.

um... I suppose it could be * $ USER ?? +$\EXTENSION@

Since the "+" is a regex-special, you'ld write that as

    * $ USER ?? ()\+$\EXTENSION@

or

    * $ USER ?? ()[+]$\EXTENSION@

(I prefer the latter)

MAILDIR="$HOME/$USER/"

Never put a slash at the end of MAILDIR.

Good to know, new to the whole maildir thing with procmail.

Wait, I meant my MAILDIR as $MAILDIR, which changes procmail's pwd
(present working directory). Correct casing is important.

The $MAILDIR is used in expressions, like

  LOGFILE = "$MAILDIR/LOG/pm.$YYYY-$MM.log"

so if you would also have a "/" at the end of MAILDIR, you would get
"//".

You had "$HOME/$USER/", which looks strange, because $HOME is like
"/home/user" already, so you'll end up with "/home/user/user/".

--
Groet, Ruud