Re: Playing a .wav sound

2009-02-10 20:16:14
On 10-Feb-2009, at 16:48, Alan Clifford wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Rem P Roberti wrote:

Does the piped condition have to be contained in curly braces? That's the question I'm having about syntax. If I do use the piped condition,
how to I include it within the recipe?
No, assignment to a variable does not have to go in a recipe at all.

While this is true, in the case at hand, the assignment only wants to be triggered when conditions are met. In that case the syntax as I posted is correct:

:0
* condition
{ DUMMY=`command` }

(NB: the spaces after and before the { } are NOT optional)

This can also be written as
:0
* condition
{
 DUMMY=`command`

Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they
        never doubted it for a second.