Re: new RR type

2003-10-10 11:13:07
In <000001c38df4$6a2a7590$0100a8c0(_at_)laika> "Arlie Davis"
<arlie(_at_)sublinear(_dot_)org> writes:

Why not use the SRV record?  SRV is a generic service record.  SRV was
intended for exactly these kinds of scenarios -- describing a new
service of some kind, without the need for partying on TXT record, and
without the need for an entirely new DNS record.

Unless I'm missing something, SPF really isn't a service, at least not
in the same sense as SMTP, HTTP, NTP, NNTP, etc.  There is no daemon
running on a server that has a public port that people can connect to.

As such, I don't think SRV records are appropriate.

-wayne