Re: SRV records

2003-10-16 14:05:13
In <20031016204517(_dot_)GB18449(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> "Eric S. Raymond"
<esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com> writes:

Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>:
I'd still like to see some examples of SRV or other records

If this is a plan to lift SPF policy attributes out of the TXT field,
I'm in favor of it.  That is my only technical objection to the existing
design.

I can't figure out how SRV records could be used for SPF without being
more of an abomination than using TXT records.

Can you provide some examples of how SRV records would be used?

What exactly are your objections to TXT records anyway?

-wayne