Re: Accelerating SPF deployment

2003-10-14 22:16:57
In <20031015050130(_dot_)GY2345(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

And we need some good publicity soon.

I think we need a good spec and some good code and publicity will take
care of itself.  I think the SPF website is far more important than an
RFC number.

                                       Right now we have a situation
where a lot of smart people are neglecting to research the prior art,
with the result that a lot of particularly harebrained wheels are
getting reinvented.

SPF will not cure the spam problem (although it will help) and people
will continue to propose rehashes of old ideas.

-wayne