Accelerating SPF deployment

2003-10-14 21:23:08
As Meng Weng Wong indirectly pointed out, (a) a fair number of people do tend
to listen when I talk, and (b) I've got a specific rep for having launched one
fairly successful anti-spam tool.

Accordingly...what can I do to speed up SPF deployment?  Is the technology
mature enough that the problems are now mainly political?  Would it help to
have my name on the RFC?  Do you need some propaganda written?  Would a
fast reference implementation of some tool analogous to bogofilter be useful?

Having studied the issues in some depth, I'm willing to lend my name
and effort to give SPF a boost in much the same way I did for Bayesian
filtering late in 2001.  Think about how to use that.

Tactics which require an intense burst of effort with a predictable
end point will fit with my other obligations better than involving
me in long-term occasional work.