RE: Accelerating SPF deployment

2003-10-15 09:38:05
wayne wrote:
In <20031015050130(_dot_)GY2345(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong
<mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

And we need some good publicity soon.

I think we need a good spec and some good code and publicity will take
care of itself.  I think the SPF website is far more important than an
RFC number.

Agreed, however both should be worked on.  By having a fully
implementable solution available via the website, you will immediately
get a fair number of implementations after another Slashdot post I'm
sure.  That's how I found the project, and had there been a
patch/replacement for qmail-smtp, I would have gone through with an
implementation immediately.  The only thing that held me back was that I
could not actually get my MTA to check SPF records yet, and I'm not
/that/ great of a programmer to implement it myself.  I saw patches for
postfix and sendmail mentioned, has anyone focused on qmail at all?

---
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist
Citadel Security Software, Inc.