Re: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-18 20:39:44
If people really feel strongly about not using an _smtp_client
subdomain, this is one alternative.  What do people feel about this?

I'm all for it -- it separates it out nicely.  In fact, I don't
particularly like the namespace pollution of having the top-level TXT
record. It means two queries, and such a generic RR as TXT makes it hard
to filter -- imagine a domain with other uses for TXT, and you get
fifteen packets of results back that you have to filter through.

Subdomains are good.

Ari

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com