Re: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-19 21:44:15
On Sunday 19 October 2003 04:31, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

If people really feel strongly about not using an _smtp_client
subdomain, this is one alternative.  What do people feel about this?

Totallly against using the underscore. It should be replaced by the dash -
underscores are not allowed for domain names used in the SMTP transaction.

RFC2821 §2.3.5
    A domain (or domain name) consists of one or more dot-separated
   components.  These components ("labels" in DNS terminology [22]) are
   restricted for SMTP purposes to consist of a sequence of letters,
   digits, and hyphens drawn from the ASCII character set [1]

As we are looking at extending the SMTP RFC's. rather than replacing them, we
should be conforming to this restriction.

Regards,

Phil.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt
http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com