Re: TXT Records

2003-11-21 13:47:12
So, like, the other day Dan Boresjo mumbled:

That's true. If it becomes an official RFC the neccessary RR's can be
assigned simultaneously. Hence the real RFC should only talk about
this new RR.

Dare we call it the "RMX" record? :-)

The TXT mechanism should be limited to pre-RFC trials. That way, the RFC
publication date automatically becomes the sunset date for TXT records.

If SPF never gets RFC status, well then we continue with TXT records in
perpetuity.

That could work.

I love working on systems that suck. :-)

jdl

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.6.txt