RE: Eric Allman comments on SPF

2003-12-04 09:06:46

When I spoke with Miles Libbey at Yahoo his objection to SPF
was exactly
that: his engineers didn't want to have to figure out which
networks the
MX servers were in, and have to keep them up to date.  Since most
domains' designated mailers are already described by existing MX and A
records, I felt we should take advantage of that.

The way I would deal with this is to get the big ISPs together in a room
with the filter companies and run through the available options.

I think that the problem Libbey is raising here is a much more general
network configuration issue. Thats OK we can address that a number of ways.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt