Status Report on the SPF draft

2003-12-09 15:08:50
Unless all the two hundred and twenty people on this mailing list have
managed to overlook some enormous shortcoming in the draft, the design
is now frozen, and the spec will only change in minor details such as
the format of the Received-SPF header.

This is the draft that I am editing now.  It differs from 02.9.txt in
that softfail is deprecated.

  http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf.02.9.3.txt

My friends Nat Torkington and Jon Orwant have put on their O'Reilly
Editor hats and are now going over the SPF draft with a fine-toothed
comb, editing the document for clarity, consistency, and readability.

When they are done, I will submit the 03.txt draft to the RFC Editor for
publication as an Experimental Standard.  This was the course of action
advised by John Levine, co-chair of ASRG.

I am also bringing the website up to date.  I plan to add a verifier and
a publisher wizard this week.

Postfix, Exim, and Sendmail all have plugins based on Mail::SPF::Query.

If anybody from the qmail community would like to, as they say,
represent, now is the time for a patch.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.txt