Re: Starting spfd (FreeBSD)

2003-12-18 10:03:20
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:56:36AM -0500, Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:32:46AM -0800, Mark Foster wrote:
Alas, setuid (and maybe setgid) do not just "work" with my perl, which
is from freebsd ports (perl-5.8.0). IIRC setuid capability is a
compile-time choice, so many systems may not come with that enabled.

Actually, it's an OS difference.  I don't have a freebsd machine, so I
can't test exhaustively, but freebsd requires more hoop-jumping than
either linux or solaris, both of which are happy with the '$< = $> = foo'
form.

Those extra hoops turn out to be

$< = foo;
$> = foo;

instead of putting it in one assignment.

hdp.