Re: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 13:53:36
Great detective work - As an administrator of a corporate mail system that has
been
spoofed or joe jobbed, I'm very favorably intrigued by the SPF concept (and
I'm very
suspect of those who feel the need to pay someone to hide their identity -
perhaps we
should consider refusing connections from pobox.com's mail servers).

wayne wrote:

In <12748899296(_dot_)20040113225629(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> Chris Drake
<christopher(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I strongly object to you guys forcing my ISP to trash my incoming
email without my permission.  I VERY strongly object to you guys
forcing my recipients ISP to trash my incoming emails without my
permission.

I've been poking around on the net to try and figure out where Chris
is coming from, to understand his point of view and to try and figure
out what can be done to help solve his objections to SPF.

Sadly, the top google link for "chris drake geek" comes up with this
link:

http://mailman.linuxpl.org/pipermail/cicq/2003-November/000041.html

In it, Jonas H. claims that Chris forged email using Jonas's
name/email address.

I'm still poking around, but I'm afraid that I might not post much
more in reply to this thread.  It looks like it is going nowhere fast.

-wayne

"MMS <safeway.com>" made the following annotations.
Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate
e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the
recipient.  This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have
received this message in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.