Re[2]: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 06:01:38
Hi Anthony,

FINALLY someone who "gets it".

Continuing your analogy - I own a "horse stable" business.  That's why
I hate SPF.  It threatens me, and it threatens everyone with horses
too.

The only difference here is that unlike cars and horses in real life,
the cars and horses in our email world are both just as good as each
other, and your SPF idea is proposing to kill all the horses,
regardless of whether or not a spammer is riding upon them (and
incidentally, it lets all the cars go past regardless of whether a
spammer is driving or not).

You should be combatting SPAM with SPF - you should not be combatting
one small and (if SPF were to be implemented) unlikely aspect that
some spams may exhibit (and that many non-spams will also exhibit).

If you hate spam so much, go and get a www.mailblocks.com account. it
will block all your junk and you'll never miss anything legitimate,
and nobody else will have to suffer your SPF's collateral damage.

Kind Regards,
Chris Drake

AH> Chris Drake wrote:
Finally, I run a (pay only, non-spam) personal remailler service which
legitimately maintains the real senders address (and due to MDN/DSN
standards, must maintain it in the envelope as well as other areas).
You SPF idea has the potential to (A) Destroy my legitimate business,