Re: how blacklisting will work in the future

2004-01-13 06:01:40
On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:58:50PM +0100, Dr. Ernst Molitor wrote:

| IMHO, however, large ISPs could use the denial of communication with
| minor sites - on the grounds of "no reputation available" - as a means
| to enlarge their user base. Don't you think this could happen? Wouldn't
| that be a dire consequence of your scheme?

If it leads to user complaints, I don't expect ISPs will do it.  Can you
give me a scenario for how a large ISP will try to enlarge its user base
by denying incoming mail from "no reputation available" domains?

I would like to see large ISPs offer a per-user configuration framework
so these decisions can be overridden at each user's discretion.