Re: RE: Forwarders

2004-01-12 17:31:28
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 04:31:26PM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:

| [1] Spam trap addresses only get collected by mail address harvesters,
| i.e. web spiders that search web pages for mail addresses.

I have some spamtraps that started a different way.  One of my domains,
"ham.org", seems to be popular for a lot of forged addressing, such as
people using fake addresses to post messages, access web sites, and such.
The "ham" name probably makes it a more thought up choice.

When I see more than 3 messages coming to the same non-existant address,
I go ahead and enter virtual map to send that email to the spamtrap box.
I've been collecting them for a few weeks, now.  I'm not sure what I want
to do with them, yet.  Since Dec 21, I've gotten 1165 spams there.  Today
I've gotten 42 so far.  Yesterday the total was only 41.  There are 55
different usernames feeding into this right now.

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |