RE: SPF library?

2004-01-13 14:30:20
I agree, the SPF patch to qmail-smtpd is exactly what I'm waiting for.
One thing you may also want to keep in mind is compatibility with the
qmail-smtpd-auth patch, since it applies to qmail-stmpd as well.  If a
qmail admin is patching to enable SPF, the qmail-smtpd-auth patch will
most likely be desired as well.

libspf which is currently in the final stages of development and should
see a beta release this week.  Stay tuned for an announcement regarding
this release.  The library is already fully working with Qmail and we
will also hopefully be able to include a sendmail patch.

The hook for Qmail is in qmail-smtpd where a data structure is poulated
which is then used by libspf to eventually returns a result and
pre-pends an Received-SPF: header as per the RFC.

Cheers,

James

--
James Couzens,