Re: Lawsuits, angry business users, and SPF stupidity.

2004-01-13 18:27:06
On Tuesday 13 January 2004 6:29 pm, Marc Alaia wrote:
Given the current state of adoption for SPF, my 'rules' would be:
1) SPF Pass -> run through spam checker, but give benefit of doubt.
2) SPF Fail (-all) -> delete.
3) SPF Fail (?all) -> run through spam checker.
4) No SPF record -> run through spam checker.

I'm thinking of the following:

SPF Pass -> RHSBL Blacklist Pass -> accept, deliver to mailbox
SPF Pass -> RHSBL Blacklist Fail -> reject after 'MAIL FROM'
SPF Fail -> reject after 'MAIL FROM'
(No SPF | SPF Unknown) -> DNSBL Pass -> accept, hold, bounce challenge
(No SPF | SPF Unknown) -> DNSBL Fail -> reject after 'MAIL FROM'

Now all I need is a really good set of DNSBL's to minimize false challenges...