Re: Other forwarders

2004-01-13 21:48:22

wayne wrote:

I've found out that 'ebay' sends forged mail (if you try and send mail
to another ebay user).

Yes, I'm aware of that one and have at least some of eBay's servers
listed in trusted-fowarder.org.  Was your example not already listed
there?  What IP address did eBay use?

ebay used 66.135.197.28 (mxpool22.ebay.com). However, the receiving SPF MTA either would (or would not) have checked spf.trusted-forwarder.org. I can't control that. I suspect that the only way that I could make it work is to add include:spf.t-f.org into my SPF record. I think that the strategy of having the receiving MTA do this check is not a satisfactory solution.

Philip