Re: Mail with suspicious HTML tag discarded.

2004-01-14 08:50:43
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 04:38:36PM +0100, Alain Knaff wrote:
begin  Wednesday 14 January 2004 15:51, wayne quote:
Alex Van den Bogaerdt's signature contains:
: begin  sig
: http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1
: This message was produced without any <iframe tags

The first line triggers a but in some MicroSoft email programs
(outlook?  outlook express?  I forget).  The third line obviously
triggers other bugs.

I'm not sure I appreciate people who go out of their way to cause bugs
any more than I appreciate seeing these warning messages being sent to
the list.

Isn't it ironic that they complain about <iframe yet in their own
message they include that same insignificant string of characters?

Now, if I did send HTML messages and then actually used such a tag,
then it is something I should be thinking about.

What's next:  Am I forbidden to start my email with "MZ" just because
some program thinks it is smarter than the sender (which specified
) so it should execute it as an executable?

cheers,
Alex