Re: proposed PGP mechanism for SPF

2004-01-14 21:45:35
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:17:49PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
  Message content outside the signed area should be discarded by the
  receiving MTA.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to just sign a Message-ID/From combo, to reduce
overhead? We're only interested in verifying sender identity here, not
entire messages.

Comments welcome.  Regrettably, I haven't auto-signed my mail with PGP
in a while.  (I had to stop when my mother complained that Outlook
Express kept putting "all these weird attachments" on her desktop.)

I'm still looking for a mutt/KMail plugin/configuration that allows me to
enable it by default yet disable it for specific recipients. I'll keep in
mind that you're basically looking for the same (except maybe for a
different client).

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Fate fell short this time, your smile fades in the summer
cap(_at_)capsi(_dot_)com | Place your hand in mine, I'll leave when I wanna

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname(_at_)½§Åv¼ð¦¾Øß´ëù1Ií-»Fqx(_dot_)com