Re: proposed PGP mechanism for SPF

2004-01-15 04:23:23
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick Phillips" <nwp(_at_)nz(_dot_)lemon-computing(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] proposed PGP mechanism for SPF

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:45:35AM +0100, Rob Kaper wrote:

  Message content outside the signed area should be discarded by the
  receiving MTA.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to just sign a Message-ID/From combo, to
reduce overhead? We're only interested in verifying sender identity
here, not entire messages.

Agreed. But Message-ID/From combination would make us vulnerable to replay
attacks.

Personally, I think the overhead of PGP is way too heavy. Take a lightening
fast xs module like Crypt::Rijndael: it is stronger than PGP, cleaner, much
faster, and does not require shelling out to any PGP executable.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,