Re: proposed PGP mechanism for SPF

2004-01-15 07:51:18

On Jan 15, 2004, at 9:45 AM, wayne wrote:

In <200401151123(_dot_)I0FBNNS2001804(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> Mark <admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> writes:

Personally, I think the overhead of PGP is way too heavy. Take a lightening fast xs module like Crypt::Rijndael: it is stronger than PGP, cleaner, much
faster, and does not require shelling out to any PGP executable.

First off, the actual messages in pgp/gpg are (can be) encrypted using
fast cyphers, it is the public key stuff that is really expensive.  We
can't get around using public key stuff for this kind of thing, so we
are stuck with the "heavy weight" pgp/gpg.

Secondly, gpg is free, widely used, and compatible with pgp.  You
don't have to shell out money for pgp.

Rijndael is open and supported in mcrypt.

George