RE: SPF - ISP's vs Corporate

2004-01-22 09:32:36
The benefit is skewed toward ISP's only in the sense that we are affected
the most by the consequence of not doing something.  Even corporate users
could derive some benefit from spf.  Just not of the same magnatude as
ISP's.
(snip)

All of the replies to my original email have been typical.  I AM NOT
CHALLENGING THE WORTH OF SPF.  If you read my original message, I said that
I am absolutely FOR SPF.

I am/was trying to say this and only this:
1) SPF checking should NOT be done at SMTP time.  It is less intrusive to
the entire installed base of email infrastructure to process an email AFTER
it as been accepted.  In this way, it can be processed along with other
spam-related checks. And,
2) The major argument for processing SPF at SMTP time has been bandwith and
processing savings, which I believe are MINIMAL for non-ISP's.

Marc