Re: Handling forward?

2004-01-27 00:06:32
Dennis Carr wrote:
Recently (IE, today), it was mentioned on Slashdot that AOL had
implemented SPF.  Therein was a comment from a /. user that, because
forwards would be mishandled, this is broken.

Which now makes me curious, how would one handle forwards in the SPF
record?

One could handle them like manual forwards:

Replace the sender address with the origial recipient address.

qmail inserts a Delivered-To: header which enables it to detect loops in case of loops due to problems at the next destination.

Then I suppose you could send courtesy notifications to the original sender of the failure.

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage