Re: Handling forward?

2004-01-27 02:50:07
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:14:34AM -0600, Phil Howard wrote:

| If you subscribe to a forwarding service, like bigfoot.com for example,
| and if you run SPF on your MX server, you should give bigfoot.com a pass
| so that it you won't be refusing mail just because bigfoot.com leaves
| the original sender as is.  If you let it be refused, it's your fault
| that you don't get your own mail.

I expect responsible forwarding services to implement SRS.  It's their
job to save their users the inconvenience of setting up this sort of
whitelisting.

For everybody else, I hope to have SRS patches available for MTAs in
three to four weeks so all you'll need to do is upgrade.  We're fixing
email.  Please pardon our dust.

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage