Re: Handling forward?

2004-01-27 03:16:22
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 05:13:16AM -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:11:57PM +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
| >For everybody else, I hope to have SRS patches available for MTAs in
| >three to four weeks so all you'll need to do is upgrade.  We're fixing
| >email.  Please pardon our dust.
|
| What is wrong with replacing the original sender env with the original
| recipient in forwarded mail?

If you do that, bounces don't go back to the sender; they end up looping
instead.

#1: bounces _do_ get back to the sender, they just don't go back to the author

#2: if they end up looping, the same will happen when the forwarding user
himself
    sends a message to himself.  IOW: this is a problem that has nothing to do
    with SPF.  The forwarding user screwed up.  This is a good reason BTW why
    the author should not be bothered by bounces.

Alex
--
begin  sig
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1