Re: [OT]Frozen or slushy?

2004-01-29 07:15:53
On Thursday 29 January 2004 2:01 pm, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
You forget that SPF has claimed the TXT record as its own.

Rubbish. The "v=spf1" prefix should prevent collisions with other uses, but
nothing in SPF prevents those other uses. Or if it does, it needs changing
immediately.

Personally I find the current prefix highly idosyncratic. I would have made it
"SPF:1.0" to signify "this is an SPF record, version 1.0"

I wouldn't bother changing it now, it's just a nit. But to say that nobody
else can use TXT records for anything else is just plain stupid and
unreasonable.

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage