Re: Possible SPF machine-domain loophole???

2004-02-24 09:26:01
On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:50 -0600, wayne wrote:
I think it my be useful to do SPF checking on the HELO string, and
reject the connection if the SPF check fails, but let it pass
otherwise.

I agree.

I'd like a way to advertise to the world, perhaps via SPF records, that
no host will ever validly say 'HELO infradead.org' and to restrict the
hosts which will ever say 'HELO $hostname.infradead.org' appropriately.

This would only be useful to me if I could do it while simultaneously
allowing 'MAIL FROM:<*(_at_)*infradead(_dot_)org>' to occur from _any_ IP
address.

--
dwmw2