Re: Signed Envelope Sender: SRS on steroids

2004-02-27 17:08:25
On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 18:40 -0500, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
So you don't have to worry about forgery; you just have to keep the
secret safe.

But you do have to worry about replay attacks.

As with SRS, we include a timestamp in the address. The replay attack
_does_ exist, but is severely limited by that.

You're right that a specific address could theoretically be invalidated
_before_ its time has expired, but I suspect that would normally be
impractical.

--
dwmw2