Re: Signed Envelope Sender: SRS on steroids

2004-02-28 09:46:19
list+spf-discuss(_at_)doeblitz(_dot_)net
<list+spf-discuss(_at_)doeblitz(_dot_)net> [2004-02-28/17:33]:
Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net> wrote:
[...]
In theory, when you are explicit on _why_ you reject a connection, rfci
should not list you.

mail from:<>
rcpt to:<postmaster(_at_)yourdomain>

55x I am SES protected. This is not a valid bounce. See http://....

He would still block mails to postmaster.
[...]

Yes, but if the reason is clearly indicated, that's ok for rfci's
purposes. Their policy explicitly states:

  It was decided that we wouldn't list folks if the rejection message
  for postmaster seemed to indicate the reason for denial ("{ip}
  rejected as listed on the MAPS RBL", etc.)

See http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/policy-postmaster.php

This does not mean that filtering mail to postmaster/abuse is a good
thing; it just means that it is not sufficient reason for inclusion into
rfci's dbs. I would excempt postmaster/abuse from SES checks as well.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel(_at_)roe(_dot_)ch>
GnuPG key ID 0x804A06B1 (DSA/ElGamal)