Re: news from the Seoul BOF

2004-03-04 19:55:15
In <818FF220-6E33-11D8-8D84-000A959B3A1E(_at_)logidac(_dot_)com> Guillaume
Filion <gfk(_at_)logidac(_dot_)com> writes:

Le 04-03-04, à 15:53, wayne a écrit :
I just threw up another test video, this one skipping the first 21
minutes of nothing.  It still contains several minutes of
not-much-of-anything, but...

Please check out:
http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/IETF_videos/ietf_marid4.mpg

They don't work on MacOSX either... 8(

:-<

If you have some free time, you might want to consider recompressing
it to DivX (http://www.divx.com/). It would have more chance of
working on windows and Mac with the DivX codec.

I tried using divx4 and divx3 and "msmpeg" and a bunch of other
options to mencoder, but no luck.

Until someone who actually knows something about this stuff comes
along, I guess Windows and Mac users will need to use 1.2GB version
available at:

ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/pub/videolab/video/ietf59/ietf59-ch1-thur-am_040304_0845_5.mpg

I assume that most of the content is speech, so it might be enough to
publish only the sound track in MP3.

Oh!  Good point!

Now if I could only figure out how to extract the audio in a usable
form....  *sigh*

-wayne