Re: Re: SPF Guess

2004-03-16 21:52:39
From: Meng Weng Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com>
Date: 2004/03/16 Tue PM 10:00:30 EST
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] SPF Guess

| >"guess" was designd to produce passes; it was not designed to produce
| fails.
| Would it be difficult to make it work for fails, too?  Based on log
| analysis, it would have a hit rate of nearly 80%!

and a false positive rate of ... ?

these kinds of decisions are best left to the local installation.
I agree, and that is how it is configurable. Can it be made to work for fails,
though?

| >the "local" argument may work better for what you want to do.  can you
| >try that instead?  leave out the "all" directive when you do.
| I don't understand what you mean.  Can you direct me to a page for syntax?
| I can't find anything on 'local' on the Mechanisms or Macros pages....

From the manpage to Mail::SPF::Query

    Set "local=>'include:local.domain'" to include some extra process-
    ing just before a "-all" or "?all".  The local processing happens
    just before the trusted processing.
Sorry, Meng.  I must be slow tonight.  I'm still not getting what you mean by
using 'local'.  Can you give me an example?

Thanks,
Marc