Draft - DNS Naming Convention for Outbound Internet Email Servers

2004-04-20 04:19:07
I've checked carefully, and looks like no one else has posted this
here

Another anti-spoof RFC proposal

http://serverauthority.net/draft-lorenzen-marid-mxout-00.txt

BTW I'm not that keen on it at first sight, but need more time to
fully consider before being more detailed.

First thoughts (always dangerous to commit to)

Seems most, if not all of it is covered by SPF, though it requires
a SPF record for every A record to achieve, I think.

Also getting admins to configure mail servers to existing RFC's is
bad enough.

Karl.P
(Thanks to Jim Hill for posting this on the mailtraq forums)

Email via Mailtraq4Free from Enstar (www.mailtraqdirect.co.uk)