Re: related to "mxout": a 3-step antispam rule that stops zombie spam

2004-04-21 17:38:52
Mark <admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> writes:

Meng Weng Wong wrote:

I would like to mention that our single most successful antispam
rule at Pobox is "does it look like a broadband host". We can tell if a
machine is a broadband host simply by checking if the hostname
contains the IP address. Broadband machines usually PTR to
something like

  6535215hfc174.tampabay.rr.com
  c-24-8-173-129.client.comcast.net

I use the same logic. With but a handful of regex rules to identify a
rogue broadband PTR, I literally reject thousands of spams a day.
[ ... ]

This seems like a great idea, and I'd like to start doing the same
filtering.  I don't know much about broadband PTR's, and it would save
me a lot of learning time if you would be willing to share your regex
rules.  Would you be willing to do this?  I'm sure that others would
like to see your rules, as well.

Thanks in advance, either way.

--
 Lloyd Zusman