SV: Whitelists instead of SRS

2004-04-22 00:38:18
Let me modify and reposition my previous suggestion:  I would suggest
that whitelists are a better solution to handling forwarding than SRS.

Both should coexist.

If a new technology is needed, it's some kind of protocol to communicate
the mail recipient's priorities to the spam system, which again forwards
it to the MTA, which then can reject/accept some e-mails based on the
recipients wishes.

For instance, a users wants to whitelist a forward, so that it is not
SPF checked.

Or, the user uses bayesian filtering, based on his/her own choices about
what is spam and what isn't, and wants the filtering to take place at
the server level, not in the mail client.

Or, the user wants to reject e-mails from a certain SPF validated e-mail
address/domain name, before it's getting downloaded via POP3.

And it should all be configurable from the mail client. Has anybody seen
any approach to do all this via open and standardized protocols?

Lars.