Re: The New SPF: overall outline (xml)

2004-05-20 16:14:44
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:55, James Couzens wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 15:50, Roger Moser wrote:
Number 3 is the worst, most Windows and some Unix servers allready have
an XML parser, but there are a lot of smaller SMTP servers that do not.
An XML parser is a fat cat, the expat tarball is 290 KB while qmail's
tarball is 215 KB.

The XML parser that I wrote for SPF to parse Microsoft's record is less than
2 kB binary code.

Does your parser fully implement XML?  If so please share a url.  If
not, I can see problems with using such a parser.

And if it doesn't fully implement XML, do you get the future-proof-ness
that using XML in the first (or is it last, since I thought we finished
beating the dead horse that is SPF-in-XML?) place is meant to solve?

--
Andy Bakun: nobody takes a lunatic for granted
        <abakun(_at_)thwartedefforts(_dot_)org>