Re: The New SPF: overall outline (xml)

2004-05-20 17:05:18
Le 04-05-20, à 19:14, Andy Bakun a écrit :
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 17:55, James Couzens wrote:
On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 15:50, Roger Moser wrote:
The XML parser that I wrote for SPF to parse Microsoft's record is less than
2 kB binary code.

Does your parser fully implement XML?  If so please share a url.  If
not, I can see problems with using such a parser.

And if it doesn't fully implement XML, do you get the future-proof-ness
that using XML in the first (or is it last, since I thought we finished
beating the dead horse that is SPF-in-XML?) place is meant to solve?

Even if the parser did fully implement XML, new features would still have to be implemented in the code. Having a specialized XML parser as small as 10-20 KB makes the compromise much more acceptable for me.

Cheers,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr