Re: The New SPF: overall outline

2004-05-20 15:50:24
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 03:48:04PM -0700, James Couzens wrote:
| > I'm trying as hard as I can to convince myself that XML is a better
| > idea than a simple text syntax. The argument that "someday it might be
| > useful" does not seem worth the compromises that we'd have to make
| > right now.
|
| I'll tell you what, someday when it IS actually useful, we can add it
| in.  Until then, why don't we just proceed along as we have been all
| along and continue to bask in the support that we've been getting.

Yes, that's the plan.  Publishers should keep publishing the existing
syntax if that works for them.  If, one day, they need to say
something they can't say in the old syntax, they should be able to
upgrade to the XML version and all the clients out there should (in
theory) be able to understand the new stuff.