Re: ebay problem

2004-06-07 11:21:43
In <200406071029(_dot_)49262(_dot_)jonagard(_at_)amazon(_dot_)com> Jonathan
Gardner <jonagard(_at_)amazon(_dot_)com> writes:

On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:23 am, hostmaster(_at_)netpilot(_dot_)net wrote:
1)      we publish for all our 1000+ domains spf records with "-all" !!!

It was my understanding that no one should publish "-all" until after SPF is
officially adopted and the flag day passes. You should be using "~all"
right now.

No, you can publish -all if you want.  You can reject email on -all if
you want.

You can also publish ~all if you think that the problems with
forwarders will likely cause the users of your domain to get too many
false posiitives.  Likewise, you might not want to reject on -all.

Personally, I think the problem with forwarders is a little overblown.
If you have problems with major forwarders, make sure you have the
trusted-forwarder.org global whitelist (T-FWL) turned on.  (That would
have taken care of the eBay problem.)  If you find something missing
from the T-FWL, please let me know.

-wayne