Re: Meng's SPF wizard

2004-06-23 03:23:45
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:20:36PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
| | Also maybe as part of the setup testing, send an email to a
| | "test" email account (at pobox maybe), after jumping through a
| | few hoops for security, which then reports on all aspects of
| | the configuration.
| |
| | This could warn of potential issues:
| |
| | * No SPF record
| | * SPF record gives a FAIL
| | * SPF record is outrageous (+ALL, big IP range...)
| | * Lack of PTR records (or IP encoded PTR records).
| | * IP is designated as MTAMark=No
| | * IP is listed as DUL/DHCP in major RBL lists
| | * others based on policies of AOL etc...
|
| OK, guys, if we collect $1000 in the form of donations
| and/or t-shirt sales, we can fund development of the above
| wizard.  Donate anytime ...

We're up to $200!  Only $800 to go.

Meanwhile, this is the HTML::Mason source code for the
wizard.  I hope it will be helpful in producing the above
robot for those who have the time to work on the project.

If anyone gets to this before I do, please recontribute the code (possibly
offlist to spf(_at_)anarres(_dot_)org) so I can include it on
http://www.libspf2.org/

Thanks.

S.

--