Re: wizard.html problems

2004-07-06 12:50:08
Koen Martens wrote:

try this one:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fspf.pobox.com%2Fwizard.html

Yes, the syntax is now fine, but unfortunately not the width=
stuff.  But <http://www.libspf2.org/wizard/> works with my old
browser (minus some irrelevant PNG icons).

Now I need only a working why.html?debug=1 version, because
the old <pre> output within a new fixed-width table does not
work for my monospaced font, and the nested layout tables are
apparently so complex that my browser "forgets" to offer a
horizontal scrollbar for missing parts beyond its right edge.

I've just tested it, it's really that simple:  After removing
all 24 width="$" (where $ means 'any string' for my editor)
the why.html?debug=1 output is okay.

Testing the same trick with the wizard:  23 width="$" removed,
and the output is okay.  The absolute widths are evil... ;-)

OTOH now the solution could be as simple as "replace all the
width= by equivalent CSS".
                            Bye, Frank